Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Day 310


I have gotten used to living MSF style, working long hours, stressing out over drug shipments, having my favorite white bra turned purple in the wash, and all sorts of fun things about sharing a house with 7 other adults that may or may not act like adults. However, my time here is coming to an end soon, a replacement has been found for me. This nurse should arrive in Zim around the 15th of November and I should begin my travel back via Harare – Nairobi – Amsterdam – Barcelona (debriefing) – London – and finally, Philadelphia the last week in November. That puts me in the states well before my birthday!

Of course I am sad to say goodbye to all the friends I have made here, but I feel like I am ready for home.Across the past few weeks I have been doing mostly administrative work, the HIV training week, organizing the pharmacy order, and reviewing the annual plan for 2007 so I have not been close to the patients lately which is probably the one thing that I will miss the most once I leave, actually I am still here and I already miss it.

2 Comments:

Blogger diego the boxer said...

hey nance
im glad that youre coming home soon. sad too that youre leaving the people who need someone just like you... sad for your zim patients because they'll miss you..

well cant wait to see u
love
katrina

10:20 PM  
Blogger أُكتب بالرصاص said...

i liked this site very much
well done

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home